By the end of this article, you’ll understand why WooCommerce product bundles are such a worthwhile addition to your online store, and we’ll even walk you through how to create your first one!
The best part? You’ll be able to do it in 2 steps with the plugin, WooCommerce Bundled Products.
Online store owners are always on the lookout for ways to increase their sales. From utilizing conversion-boosting tactics to increasing the number of products you stock, there’s always a way to improve. But some of those methods take weeks (or in some cases months) to implement. For business owners, the upfront investment isn’t worth the subsequent returns.
Well, what if you could implement a feature that will increase your average order value for a few minutes of work?
Say hello to WooCommerce product bundles. If you’ve not heard of them before, they are one of the most effective ways to increase sales for your online store.
Want to skip straight to the tutorial? Click here
What are WooCommerce product bundles?
In short, WooCommerce bundles are a group of complementary products that are shown together on the product page to encourage purchase.
For example, if you sell beanie hats, you could offer a pair of matching gloves. This is bound to drive up your average order value – especially if you offer a discount for purchasing them together.
Still not convinced? Let’s provide you with a few more instances where having this feature on your WooCommerce store will pay dividends.
Why product bundles work to increase sales
Sometimes, some products are simply made to go together, whether it’s the hats and gloves mentioned above or a dustpan and brush.
By offering customers the chance to buy two or more items that are frequently brought together, you dramatically increase the likelihood of purchasing multiple items, thus driving up your online store’s average order value.
Remember, it may be the case that a new visitor to your website has landed directly on your product page and is unaware that you also sell many of the related products they are looking for.
By offering customers complimentary products right there on the product page, you can prevent shoppers from leaving your site to acquire those items from a competitor. It’ll also act as a welcome surprise!
In short, it’s one of the oldest tricks in the book and is still one of the top sales tactics of online behemoths such as Amazon.
However, the bad news is that the default WooCommerce setup does not allow you to offer product bundles. But there’s no need to be disheartened as this feature is easily added to your store with the plugin WooCommerce Bundled Products.
So how does it work?
How WooCommerce Bundled Products works
From a customer’s perspective, this plugin allows website visitors to view several products bundled together on the product page. Customers can then choose to add one or several of the bundled products to their cart before proceeding to the checkout.
These customers will also be offered additional incentives, such as a discount for adding those products to the basket.
By contrast, from the store owner’s perspective, WooCommerce Bundled Products gives you the option to add any product type to your bundle. It doesn’t matter whether you want to add a simple or variable product; you have the option to add whatever you please and display the overall bundle price.
Store owners also have the opportunity to choose from a range, combined, or a custom price to nudge customers into purchasing more products from your WooCommerce store.
So now you know the benefits of having this plugin for your online store, let’s walk you through how to create your first ever WooCommerce product bundle.
How to create bundled products in WooCommerce
To WooCommerce Bundled Products, you’ll need to:
- Install the plugin, WooCommerce Bundled Products.
- Create your product bundles.
That’s it. Below we’ll outline these steps in detail so you can start increasing your store’s average order value.
Step 1: Install WooCommerce Bundled Products
To get started, purchase WooCommerce Bundled Products from the Iconic store: iconicwp.com/woocommerce-bundled-products
Or start your free trial:
Then follow these steps:
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin.
- Choose the zip file you downloaded, upload, and then click Activate.
- Once activated, you’ll need to enter your license key.
Now that we have WooCommerce Bundled Products installed, we can move onto creating your product bundles.
Step 2: Create your product bundles
Setting up your product bundles is pretty straightforward. It will only take you a matter of minutes to create your first one.
To create a WooCommerce product bundle:
- From the WooCommerce dashboard, select Products > Add Products.
- Next, give your product a title and description.
- Then scroll down to the Product Data section and select Bundled Product from the dropdown menu.
- Add a Product Image to your product as usual.
- Return to the Product Data section, where you’ll find a new tab named Bundled Products.
Add your bundled products
- Now it’s time to choose the options for your WooCommerce product bundles. They are as follows:
- Products – Click on the Products field and start typing the name of one of your other products. Once the product you’re looking for appears in the list, click it. (For reference, this plugin will display products in your bundle on the frontend in the order you add them here.)
- Price Display – This is where you select one of the options for displaying your product bundle prices:
- None – If you select None, no price will be displayed on the product page or within the catalog.
- Combined – Select Combined if you want all of your products in the bundle to be added together to create a total price. If a variable product is included in your bundle, then the price will be displayed as a min/max combined range.
- Range – Select Range if you want the price to be displayed as the lowest priced product to the bundle’s highest-priced product.
- Custom – The Custom price display will allow you to set a fixed amount for the bundle. This can then be added in the Bundle Price field. This will only show if you have “Add All to Cart” enabled.
- Enable “Add All to Cart” – Select this option if you want customers to be able to add all products to the cart at once. If your bundle contains variable products, you’ll need to select all options before the button is enabled.
Note: If you want to reposition your bundled products’ default position which is after the main product image and summary. You can position it higher up the page with a pre-prepared snippet of code found here.
And that’s it! You’ve created your first WooCommerce product bundle. All that’s left for you to do is repeat the process as many times as you wish to create your desired WooCommerce product bundles.
Increase your online sales within minutes with WooCommerce product bundles
Once up and running, customers will have the option to quickly and easily add complementary products to their basket before the checkout. You can even tempt them with a tasty discount for doing so, driving up your average order value (and therefore sales).
The best part is that you can make these small but significant changes in a matter of minutes with the WooCommerce Bundled Products plugin.