In a standard WooCommerce install, enabling guest checkout is straightforward. However, from a user’s perspective, the process is clunky and unappealing.
When presented with a standard WooCommerce checkout, guests see absolutely everything on one page. This checkout experience can be overwhelming, confusing and lead to abandoned carts.
Your guest checkout could be working harder for you with a multi-step, intuitive and appealing checkout process designed to reduce cart abandonment.
By the end of this article, you’ll know exactly how to add a better guest checkout to your WooCommerce store. The best part? You’ll be able to do it in 2 steps with the multi-step checkout plugin, Flux Checkout for WooCommerce.
How Flux Checkout for WooCommerce works
When customers visit your store and are ready to pay, they’ll be presented by a slick, app-like checkout.
With just 3 steps, this checkout is designed to guide your customers through a simple process.
It works hard to make the checkout process as fast as possible by auto-filling the customer’s address and adding prompts telling customers what they need to do next.
How it works from a store owner’s perspective
For store owners, Flux checkout couldn’t be simpler. It works seamlessly with your existing theme and can be customised to fit right in.
- Change the checkout header text.
- Change the font to suit your theme.
- Adjust the colors of the buttons, primary colors and accent colors.
- Decide if you want to use Flux on desktop as well as mobile.
- And more.
So, now we know the benefits of using Flux Checkout over the standard WooCommerce checkout, let’s add it to your store.
How to add a guest checkout to WooCommerce
To add a better guest checkout option to your WooCommerce store, you’ll need to:
- Install the multi-step checkout plugin, Flux Checkout for WooCommerce.
- Enable guest checkout in WooCommerce and adjust your settings.
That’s it. Below we’ll outline these steps in detail so you can start making more sales for your online store.
Step 1: Install Flux Checkout for WooCommerce
To get started, purchase Flux Checkout for WooCommerce from the Iconic store: iconicwp.com/flux-checkout-for-woocommerce
Then follow these steps:
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin.
- Choose the zip file you downloaded, upload, and then click Activate.
- Once activated, you’ll need to enter your licence key.
Now that we have Flux Checkout for WooCommerce installed, we can move onto adjusting your settings and adding the guest checkout option.
Step 2: Enable guest checkout
The process of adding the guest checkout option to your WooCommerce store is pretty straightforward.
With Flux installed, all you need to do is change the following setting and you’re ready to go:
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings in your WordPress dashboard.
- Select the Accounts & Privacy tab on this page.
- Right at the top, you’ll see the Guest checkout options. Make sure at least the first ‘Allow customers to place orders without an account’ is checked to enable guest checkout.
- Once done, click Save changes at the bottom of the page and guest checkout will be enabled for your WooCommerce store.
Amending Flux Checkout settings
You have guest checkout enabled for your store, but you might want to customise it a little further to suit your store’s design and needs.
If so, we’ll walk you through the following Flux Checkout settings:
- Go to WooCommerce > Flux Checkout.
- The first tab contains the General Settings. Here you can:
- Enable or disable Flux Checkout on desktop and just have it show on mobile devices (if you’d rather have a different experience for mobile and desktop customers).
- Enable or disable address autocomplete within the checkout.
- The second tab contains the Header Settings. Here you can:
- Change the header type from text to image. The image section allows you to add your logo to the checkout.
- Change the font type, size and color to match your store.
- Change the header background and the ‘Back to Cart’ link color.
- Lastly, the Checkout Style tab allows you to customise how Flux Checkout looks. You can:
- Pick a color theme by selecting from a selection of colors.
- Or pick a color theme by choosing a custom color from a color selector, or inputting your hex code.
That’s it, once you’ve customised your checkout to suit your store’s style, click Save Changes and check your newly updated checkout.
Start enabling guest checkout for WooCommerce
That’s it, your WooCommerce store now has a better guest checkout option.
With this up and running, you’ll be able to offer customers a way to purchase from you without having to register, resulting in more casual and quick sales for your online store.
Better yet, your checkout process is now faster, more intuitive and user-friendly.
Make these change quickly and easily with Flux Checkout for WooCommerce.