As a WooCommerce store owner, you might want to give your customers the opportunity to add multiple products to their cart with just one click. This handy feature has the ability to increase your average order value and help customers to find the right products, faster.
So, in this article, we’ll teach you how to install the ‘add multiple products to cart’ feature onto your WooCommerce store. The best part? You’ll be able to do it in just 2 steps with the WooCommerce plugin, Iconic Sales Booster for WooCommerce.
How Iconic Sales Booster works
Iconic Sales Booster for WooCommerce allows you to add the ‘Frequently Bought Together’ (also used by ecommerce giants such as Amazon) module to product pages.
Essentially, this feature will show multiple products below the main ‘Add to cart’ button that the customer can select. Once selected, a customer can then click the ‘Add Selected to Cart’ button and all of those products are then added to their cart. It even works with variable products and variations.
The products shown in the ‘Frequently Bought Together’ section are manually added by you. So if you wanted to group certain products together on individual product pages, you can.
So, to allow customers to add multiple products to their cart in WooCommerce, all you need to do is follow the next few steps.
How to add multiple products to the cart in WooCommerce
To install the ‘add multiple products to cart’ feature onto your WooCommerce store, you’ll need to:
- Install the WooCommerce cross-selling plugin, Iconic Sales Booster for WooCommerce.
- Add the products you want to bundle together on each product page.
That’s it. Below we’ll outline these steps in detail so you can start making more sales for your online store.
Step 1: Install Iconic Sales Booster
To get started, purchase Iconic Sales Booster for WooCommerce from the Iconic store: iconicwp.com/sales-booster-for-woocommerce
Then follow these steps:
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin.
- Choose the zip file you downloaded, upload, and then click Activate.
- Once activated, you’ll need to enter your licence key.
Now that we have Iconic Sales Booster installed, we can move onto selecting products so that customers can add multiple products to their cart in your WooCommerce store.
Step 2: Add the products you want to bundle together
To select which products you want to be bundled together in the ‘Frequently Bought Together’ section, do the following:
- In your WordPress admin area, go to Products > All Products.
- Edit the product you want to add the ‘Frequently Bought Together’ feature to.
- Scroll down to the Product Data section of the page (usually found below the main text/product description area).
- Click on the Sales Booster tab.
- Here you’ll find the Frequently Bought Together settings.
- To add products to this section, start typing the name, SKU, or ID of a product you want to offer as a cross-sell.
- Once your product appears, click it or press enter to add it.
Tip: If required, you can also add an optional discount for customers who add multiple items to their cart in your WooCommerce store.
- To do so, add a numerical amount into the text area next to Discount and select if you want this to be a percentage or fixed discount.
Tip: Lastly, you can customise the text displayed within the ‘Frequently Bought Together’ area for extra buyer incentive.
- To do this, simply add the text you want to display in the Sales Pitch Text section.
- Once happy, scroll up to the Publish section of the page and click Update.
Note: The ‘Frequently Bought Together’ feature only displays on product pages which you’ve added ‘Frequently Bought Together’ products to.
Use cross-selling in other ways
Iconic Sales Booster for WooCommerce doesn’t just allow customers to add multiple items to the cart in your store, it has more to give than that.
With Iconic Sales Booster you can also:
- Display a pop-up or modal once a product is added to the cart. This pop-up will display the product they just added and a ‘Customers Also Bought’ section which displays up to 3 products you manually select to appear.
- Display a one-time offer at the checkout. Iconic Sales Booster allows you to add product offers or discounts right in the checkout that are hard to say no to.
- Add one last post-purchase offer. After payment, you can add special one-time offers that are processed in one click without adding payment details again.
Allow users to add multiple products to their cart in WooCommerce
That’s it, your store’s now ready to let customers add multiple products to their cart in WooCommerce. With this up and running, you’ll be able to increase sales and showcase more of your inventory with ease.
Make this change quickly and easily with Iconic Sales Booster for WooCommerce.