By default, Show Single Variations shows variations in this way:
[parent product name] – [attribute]
This is the default name added to your product variation by WooCommerce.
So as an example, if the parent product was called Ship Your Idea and the attribute for that variation was Black, the variation name would be displayed as:
Ship Your Idea – Blue
However, if you’d like to change the name of your individual variations, you can do so by following these steps:
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Products > All Products and select the variable product you want to edit.
- Scroll down to the Product Data section of the page (usually found below the main text/product description area).
- Select the Variations tab on the left.
- Click the expand arrow on the variation you want to change the name of.
- Scroll down to the Display Options section. The Title field will already be filled in with the default name created by Show Single Variations.
- Add your own product title here and once happy, click the blue Save Changes button underneath.
- Then scroll to the top of the page and click the blue Update or Publish button in the Publish section.
- Your product variation will now have the new name you assigned to it.