Your store might not be able to make deliveries constantly, so if there are days or periods of time when deliveries shouldn’t be made, you can set up holidays.
These holidays can apply to as many or as little of your shipping/collection methods as you like. So to adjust which shipping methods you’d like to apply to your holidays, first we’ll need to create your shipping methods.
Note: If your shipping method settings look different to the ones below, you can check the official WooCommerce shipping method documentation here.
To create a shipping method, take the following steps:
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to WooCommerce > Settings and click on the Shipping tab.
- Click Add shipping zone.
- Once done, a page will appear allowing you to add your shipping zone information.
- In this case, we’re going to call this shipping zone Local and set the region to the United Kingdom. This will restrict delivery to the United Kingdom only.
- Next, we’ll add the shipping method, Flat rate (Delivery).
- To do this, click the Add shipping method button in the Shipping methods table and select the shipping method/s you want to add.
- Once added, you’ll then be able to click the blue Edit text under the shipping method name to add a charge and tax if you wish.
- Once happy, click the blue Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
Next, we’ll add these shipping methods to your holiday dates:
Note: This guide presumes you already have holidays set up. If you don’t see our holidays guide for details.
- From your WordPress dashboard, go to WooCommerce > Delivery Slots and click the Holidays tab.
- Once there, you’ll see various fields to help you set up your holiday. We’ll focus on just one:
- Shipping Methods: In this section, you can click the checkbox next to each shipping method you’d like your holiday to apply to. In this case, we’ll pick Flat rate.
- Once you’re happy with your holiday, click the blue Save Changes button at the bottom of the page and your new holiday will be applied.
- If you’d like to add multiple holidays, click the blue + icon at the bottom right of your existing holiday and a new one will be added.