Custom fields can be added to the variation edit tab in groups, with a title. This is primarily for the admin experience, on the frontend the field group will have no relevance.
Let’s get started:
- Navigate to
Products > Variation Field Groups.
- Give your field group a title. This will be used to define the group section in the variation edit tab.
- Here you have a number of options:
This is the label an admin user will see for the field.
Select the type of field you’d like to use. These are: text, textarea, select, checkboxes, radio. The type of field you choose may enable additional fields.
Enter a description of the field, for admin eyes only.
Conditional: If you choose the field type as select, checkboxes, or radio button, this field will appear. Enter the options for your field, 1 option per line.
- Field Label
Product Page Display Options
Show the label on the frontend?
If yes, should it be above or to the left of the field value(s).
Conditional: If you chose checkboxes as your field type, this field will appear. Display your field values on the frontend as a list (ul HTML markup), or a comma separate list.
- Show Label?
- Add Field
- Once you have configured your field, click
- You can now add another field in the same way, or edit the field you just added by hovering the field item and clicking
Edit. You can also remove the field by hovering the item and clicking
- Once you have added all the fields you require, click