Earn Commission for Referrals
As an affiliate, you will earn 25% on all successful referrals (and if we are having a promotion, you may earn more). If you refer a customer using your affiliate link and they spend $200, you will earn $50.
We pay affiliate commissions towards the end of every month. All affiliate commissions are paid via PayPal. We have a minimum payout balance of $100.
Referral Cookie Lifetime
When a customer clicks on your affiliate link, a cookie is set on their browser that tracks your referral. That cookie is stored for 30 days after the click. If the customer buys an Iconic plugin on a different browser, or after 30 days, the referral will not be awarded to you. If you are aware of a sale that didn’t get assigned to you, let us know and we will assign it to you.
Refunds and Revoked Payments
Only referrals that are older than 30 days and are still in good standing (not refunded) will be included with the payout. If a payment has been refunded or revoked, we do not pay commission for the referral. We reserve the right to reject affiliate commissions for any reason. Normally, rejections for commission happen for two reasons:
- The sale that generated the commission has been refunded
- The referral method violated our policies (details below) or the spirit of our policies
Affiliate Program Policies
Approved Promotional Methods
Essentially: promotional methods should add value to Iconic, and as a result, we will end up paying you more commissions!
Examples of good promotional methods:
- Refer clients to Iconic – Do you think Iconic plugins are a good fit for your clients or customers? Share an affiliate link with them!
- Write a blog post or review – Show how an Iconic plugin can be used in different use cases, or show how to do a specific thing with an Iconic plugin.
- Share on social networks – Send out tweets to your Twitter followers with your affiliate link. Share on Facebook. As long as you’re not spamming them, that’s a great way to get referrals.
- Help others online – Lots of people can benefit from Iconic plugins but don’t know it yet! For example, a potential customer asks a question on a forum about how to display add extra variation images to their WooCommerce product gallery. In a helpful way, you reply that it’s possible using the Iconic plugin, WooThumbs for WooCommerce, and share your affiliate link.
Prohibited Promotional Methods
Affiliate programs are win-wins: you get to promote a product you like and believe in, we make sales, and you make money from the commission.
- Coupon sites are not allowed as an Iconic promotional method. Customers searching coupon sites are already highly motivated to buy an Iconic plugin. Promoting Iconic plugins via a coupon site does not add value to Iconic.
- Pretending to be formally associated with Iconic. Affiliates are not employees, have no formal connection with Iconic.
- Any form of spam. Email, link spamming, comment spamming, etc. will not be allowed. If you’re posting to a forum or comment thread, please follow the rules of the website you’re on.
- Anything illegal, or morally offensive. That’s subjective, we know. Still, if we don’t like it for any reason, you’ll be banned from the program. This includes spam, for whatever definition of spam we want to use.
- Don’t violate our trademarks. Don’t use “Iconic” in your domain name.
- Confusing customers into thinking your site is operated or endorsed by Iconic (by copying our site’s design, for example) is not allowed.
Paid Search Guidelines
If you bid on keywords in any search engines or social media site like Google, Yahoo, Bing, Twitter, and Facebook:
- Don’t bid to have your ad appear for terms with variations of Iconic name or our plugin names, such as “Iconic”, “Iconic WP”, “iconicwp.com”, “WooThumbs” etc.
- Don’t bid to have your ad appear for Iconic with any additional terms, such as “Iconic coupons”, “Iconic discounts”, “Iconic promotions”. Broad matches are also not allowed (“[Iconic coupon]”)
- Don’t use iconicwp.com or any other Iconic website URL as the ad’s display URL
- Don’t direct link to iconicwp.com from any paid search ads. Instead, link to a landing page that users will then click through to access iconicwp.com
Bad Behavior Honeypot
If you are trying to find loopholes in this agreement, it means you’re trying to violate the spirit of the agreement, which is against the rules.
Consequences of Bad Behavior
If we find your promotional methods to be not in keeping with these terms, we will reject commissions and disable your affiliate account. We will likely notify you when this occurs and let you know what we find to be in violation of these policies. We may not if it’s clear you’re a Bad Seed.
By being an affiliate, you agree that your commissions are subject to approval before being paid. This affiliate agreement is not a contract. The affiliate relationship does not represent a formal agreement. You are not an employee of IconicWP Ltd. You agree not to sue IconicWP Ltd for any reason.
These terms are subject to change without notice. And other legalese-y stuff that you normally see here.
Don’t let this stuff scare you: we want to reward you for referring customers to Iconic! Thanks for being awesome, and good job reading the full agreement.