If you’re currently using the Additional Variation Images plugin from WooCommerce and want to switch over to use WooThumbs, then you’ll be pleased to know it is easy to transfer the image data you may have already set up.
To do this, take the following steps:
- Firstly, you’ll need to log into your database using a program like Sequel Pro or phpMyAdmin.
- Once logged in, we recommend taking a backup of your database.
- Then, you’ll want to execute a custom query. In Sequel Pro, click on the Query icon.
- Enter the following code:
UPDATE `wp_postmeta` SET `meta_key` = 'variation_image_gallery' WHERE `meta_key` = '_wc_additional_variation_images'
- Click Run Current.
This snippet will replace the meta key that was used with the one WooThumbs uses.
After doing this, you may want to clear the WooThumbs image cache.
- Go to WooCommerce > WooThumbs and click Clear Image Cache.
WooThumbs for WooCommerce
Enable zoom, sliders, video, fullscreen, multiple images per variation, and customisable layout options for your product imagery.
Was this helpful?
Please let us know if this article was useful. It is the best way to ensure our documentation is as helpful as possible.